call

+234 8064412924





Monday 4 September 2017

Madam Minister Part 11


                                                             At 44 Military Hospital
Dr Monteseri and Inspector Doris Agee at 44 Military Hospital        
Inspector Doris Agee got outside. She saw the short man in suit by vendors’ stand, going through papers, and walked toward him. Then she touched his back.

“Excuse me, Sir,”
“Yes, can I help you?”
“I saw you in there, and I was wondering if you know that woman too well.”
“Yes, of course!  I do. She is a minister.”
“I’m asking if you saw a lady in lavender gown, hat and shoes with a hand bag.”
“ Do you mean the beautiful lady that came to see Minister in the restaurant.”
“Yes, Sir.”
“Oh! I saw her. They fought.  I felt sorry for her. She went away unhappy.”
“It’s my pleasure chatting with you. Hope to meet you again.”
“It’s mine too,” he said. Then took out a business card and gave to her.
She read through, smiled, and said, “Thank you, Pastor. I will call you soon.”


Dr Soso Monteseri hurried into the ER of 44 Military Hospital. A nurse directed her to a door with inscription ‘Matron’. He knocked on a cubicle door.
“Yes, come in.” said a matron.
He pushed the door, and went in.
“Please, sit down my dear. What can I do for you.”
“I am Dr Monteseri. Please, I’m visiting an accident victim, named Kate. I received a call she is here. The matron stared at him for a while, and nodded her head.
He was looking anxious. But she could do little or nothing for him.
“Yes, she came in by 9:10 a.m. And has been transferred to Ward 144. We are happy you came along….”
“Oh nooo,” he shouted. “Oh, my big sister! Kaaateee!”
Matron held him. She pushed her down, wailing. Two nurses, a male among them,  scuttled into the room. And held him too.
Then his phone started ringing.
Please answer your call,” said the matron, getting up, wiping dust off her white gown.
He helped her up. “I’m sorry, Matron.”
“It is okay. Please take it.” she repeated.
He picked it up lackadaisically.
“I’m the inspector. Where are you, Sir.”
“I’m going to Ward 144,” he stammered.
“Okay, Sir. I will be there in few minutes.”
He put away his phone, wiped her eyes, and turned to the matron.
“Please I want to see her now.”
“Go on, Nurse Greg will show you out,” she said, pointing at the door. “Please Dr Monteseri , I will meet you there  for further authorizations.”
He nodded his head.

He walked down the corridor behind the nurse, climbed some staircases to the next floor. Then came to a white door. The attendant was there waiting for them. He the door pushed it in. They walked into the cold room. Dead bodies were on slabs. Nurse Greg went toward those on left block. He pointed at a tag, and opened the top. Doctor Monteseri threw away his inconsolable face immediately. And began to weep again.
“She is my big sister, my best friend…,” he whimpered.
Nurse Greg put a hand round his shoulder.
“Be strong my Doc. Please be strong.”
Then the door opened. The policewoman  and the matron came in.
“Is she the one,” asked the matron, pointing at the corpse.
The doctor nodded his head despondently.
“Please sign here for me. See the morgue supervisor for further arrangement.”
He read through and signed the papers.
Then she walked out.
I’m sorry, Sir,” said the inspector.
He nodded his head.
“I am Inspector Doris Agee. I called you on the phone. I need to talk with you."
He nodded his head.
“Please do we meet outside.”
He nodded his head again.

They went to the balcony. They could see the third gates, security men, and incoming cars. The broad drive way adorned by trees ended in a large parking lot. 


They watched three ambulances come in. Then medical personnel running  about with stretchers  and oxygen equipment.
“Please Dr. Monteseri, accept my sympathy. My department sent her condolence too,” she said, lifting up her hat.
He shrugged and nodded.
“I have compiled details of the accident. I have booked the driver and his employer, towed the van to the police station, took in the deceased things. I have witnesses as well. We need your complaint before we go any further. Please you have Two weeks to lay it. This is my card.”
He took the card.
“Thanks, Ma. You are of great assistance. I will call you as soon as I have got some rest.”






No comments: